Time To Step Back For A Bit. (Criticism)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, October 13, 2018, 12:59 (1983 days ago)

I once stepped away from Destiny 1 after I really and truly ground and ground for almost a week non-stop seeking Exotic drops and hoping against unreliable RNGed hope that I'd get a Red Death.

Well, with the way loot drops have been woefully restructured in Forsaken I'm feeling that way again. Exotic drops are virtually nonexistent no matter what activity I play or what buff I equip. Xur has decided to make himself completely irrelevant by only selling things I already have. And on the off chance I do get an Exotic engram to appear, it'll inevitably be some weapon or armor that I've had since the start of D2... or, maybe even something I've had in some similar shape or form back in D1.

Forsaken is perhaps the best of Destiny 2 in terms of gameplay, story, and lore... but a game like this also lives and dies on the rewards it gives. And right now Destiny 2 is dying for me in that one regard. So I'm dropping it except for the weekly-ish collaboration with my Raid group as we work through the last few encounters.

Maybe on the 30th Bungie will fix this underperforming piece of the game. I sure would love to try one of those new Titan Exotics that looked so cool in that one trailer...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread