Time To Step Back For A Bit. (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, October 13, 2018, 17:35 (1983 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think this community had this conversation multiple times during the life of D1, and the conclusion still stands--if you find the game more frustrating than fun, it absolutely makes sense to take a step back. It's a bummer to hear that you're in such a place, but it's a game that's supposed to be fun, so do what you need to.

I will say, though, that, even as someone who has been staunchly against the soft cap and the leveling system, I have a hard time seeing where you're coming from on this. And, don't get me wrong, it's not that I think you're wrong--I just can't get in that headspace.

I've only had a handful of exotics drop since forsaken--I got a Vigilance Wing from a raid encounter (instead of a piece of raid gear), I got a Fighting Lion once, I got the Lord of Wolves, and I got the Sixth Coyote hunter chest (an extra dodge, wow, so exotic). I am bummed that I don't have Cerberus+1 or Trinity Ghoul or the Shards of Galanor, but it's not really affecting my enjoyment of the game. Those things will come as they will, and the rest of the game is just so damn fun right now that my tolerance for those annoyances in pretty high.

If you had been working to level up and getting frustrated about the soft cap, I can totally get behind that, but not getting exotic drops in small beans by comparison, in my book anyway.

Like I said, I don't think you're wrong. It's something that needs to be fixed. I think making exotics "rare" is a dumb way to handle them. They shouldn't be exotic because no one has them, they should be exotic because they play differently and have cool abilities and perks, and Bungie should want as many people as possible to see the best stuff in the game. Luna's Howl, Ace of Spades, Wish-ender, Malfeasance, The Chaperone, etc, have the rarity and "earning" thing covered. Let player's play with the cool new toys!

But stuff like Trust and Bygones and Misfit and Toil and Trouble and all the other new legendary gear have the fun new toys part covered, too. So as much as I want some of the those new exotics, and I don't really feel like I'm missing out on too much when the rest of it is still all so good.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread