Time To Step Back For A Bit. (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 13:50 (1979 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We shouldn't be asking for games that demand our attention so greedily and no one should be making them.

And there lies the problem with AAA+ and games as service.

Depends on the person. I personally can't afford all those other games that are vying for my attention.

Good news. Games get cheaper over time:

[image]

And since they aren't a service but exist unchanging on their own, you can enjoy the single player in basically the same way as you could on release.

Cheaper, not cheap. It's amazing how cheap Destiny is, if you count how many hours I've played vs how much Destiny has cost me this year...

I've played, according to wastedonDestiny.com 465 hours on Destiny 2 and expansions. I've paid 120 bucks I think? That's almost a buck for 4 hours of play time. Most decent games, even old ones cost about 20 bucks on the cheapest. I doubt I'm going to spend 80 hours on those games. The average game time on AAA games is 40-50 and that is pushing the content. Also to note, I'm not close to finishing Forsaken and having good times with friends.

P.S. I appreciate that you used an XKCD, that made me smile immediately :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread