Time To Step Back For A Bit. (Criticism)

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 01:37 (1980 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And I get that. Problem is, I have 100 other games to play. I'd love to follow the trail of new stuff in Destiny 2, except that would take most of my gaming time.

I hear you there.

This week is a mess. We're at the final boss of the new Raid. The new Festival of the Lost event is live. It's the best week to try and get the Malfeasance boss to spawn in Gambit. It's Double and Triple Valor in Crucible. The Shattered Throne mission is available.

There's literally not enough time to do it all.

It doens't help that I'm loving Forza Horizon 4, or that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming out next week.

This whole situation makes the stark contrast between casual and hardcore really clear. I don't mind having an amusement park's worth of content constantly rotating if I have as long as I need to clear it. But that content has been stale for another part of the fanbase for months and they're angry they can't play new stuff.

I feel like if Bungie was able to be up front about events and cadences like 3 months in advance or something. This content will rotate on this schedule for the next several months, it will not change. Feel free to spread your saturation of the current batch of content over that time frame. These things will stay through to the next block for sure, these things will not for sure.

We shouldn't be asking for games that demand our attention so greedily and no one should be making them. Just my gut intuition for whatever it's worth, but I get the sense that we're going to be seeing some new medical issues arise in this space.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread