That cringeworthy Shoulder charge at the end... (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 12:49 (2062 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I would argue that shoulder charge takes more planning and foresight and throwing knives takes more aiming skill. They are independent skills. But to say that shoulder charge takes no skill is not fair at all. I'm not saying that is what you are saying, but I get the feeling that is what you are implying. Also, both skills can be dodged, but at least you can shoot a shoulder charger. All you can do for a knife is hope that it's not in line with your face.

I'll take the hit, its exactly what I am saying. Prove me wrong if I am. No harm, seriously.

Take someone who has never played a game, they would get more kills with shoulder charge than they would with throwing knives hands down. How is that not related to skill. I don't think that is far fetched to say.

As far as the planning, you are going to sprint anyway. Not all the time, but enough to where you are ready for a shoulder charge just by playing normally. Everyone that has played titan has got kills by just sprinting and then some random enemy walks out in front and they hit the melee button for an easy panic kill. The number of throwing knife kills by PLANNED throws is definitely far less than panic shoulder charge. Maybe thats my issue with it. Or maybe I'm just a salty hunter, sorry if that is the case!

I don't have any numbers or figures to support this, these are the ramblings of a madman. But I'm sure enough of us can easily say they have been killed more by shoulder charge. And its not because of all the "skilled" titans out there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread