THAB 3.21.19 (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 21, 2019, 18:34 (1855 days ago)

New This Week at Bungie is up.

Starts off talking about Invitations of the Nine, and nice bit of info:

Everyone who accepted the first invitation last Friday will have a new experience this week. If you missed it last week, don’t worry. You can pick it up this Friday. There won’t be a cutscene every week, but that definitely wasn’t the last one you’ll see.

So it seems like, unlike the Offering to the Oracle stuff with Mara, if you missed it, you can catch up.

Iron Banner returns next week. For 5 Iron Banner Tokens, you can buy the Iron Burden, which will reduce your power level by 100 in Iron Banner. A new Triumph requires 500 kills with the Burden active (tracked all season long, not per IB week). It rewards a curated Wizened Rebuke.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, completing Milestones will give the chance of getting a Wolf's Favor consumable, which will raise your power level by 100 (up to the current 700 cap) for 30 minutes. This is to encourage folks who are underleveled to jump into Iron Banner.

Next they address Enhancement Cores. They spew a bunch of bullshit that I read as catering to the people who want the game to waste everybody's time (some stuff about inherent value of rare resources feeling good about leveling up and other inane horseshit). At the end of the day, they land here:

Scrapper Bounties previously dropped randomly when dismantling gear. There was no reliable way to earn Enhancement Cores using these bounties, and we didn’t feel they were providing enough materials. We will be deprecating these bounties at the start of Season 7. In their place, the Gunsmith will now offer a selection of daily and weekly bounties that can be purchased for Gunsmith Materials. As with the Scrapper Bounties, each of these will include, among other things, an Enhancement Core as a reward when completed.

Seems like an okay solution. Anecdotally, I feel like Enhancement Cores have been dropping a lot more recently. I had exactly 2 when I started Season of the Drifter. I currently have 38 (and I've infused a few things already).

They move on to talk about The Allegiance quest, with two stats.

The first is simply which path players chose the first time they encountered it:

[image]

The next is which side players chose with every character considered:

[image]

Not much of a difference there--I expected the second one to be much closer. Seems like maybe there's a whole lot of folks only playing a single character.

Player Support Report follows. I found this one interesting:

Chaos Reach and Thorn's Soul Devourer: We're investigating an issue where Chaos Reach won't do any damage to an enemy when that enemy is shot by Thorn when Soul Devourer is active.

Movie of the weeks ends it as usual.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread