We don’t know enough. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, March 25, 2019, 12:03 (1852 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Ikora’s group is literally called The Hidden. Sounds dangerously close to secret police to me.

Yeah, but "The Praxic Fire" are not "The Hidden" as far as I know. There might be hidden in the Praxic Fire. So far I'm okay with how Aunor has handled herself in her investigations.

Sorry. Yes, I know that they aren’t the same. It’s just an illustration that the Vanguard have their own questionable practices. Enough to make me question them, enough that The Drifter doesn’t seem quite as bad as the status quo. He has is own questionable motives, obviously, but he also raises good points. I’m not convinced the way of the Vanguard is the way forward. Fighting to protect the people has a funny way of turning into oppression, and talk of The Hidden, and our small glimpse at the way Aunor operates doesn’t paint a great picture for me.

I love this quest because of the fact that it enabled this discussion. Until The Drifter made a case, I had only ever viewed the Vanguard as the good guys. I still think they are—I don’t think Bungie is likely to take the series in a direction where they’re not. But it is interesting to think about.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread