THARB 3.21.19 - Is there a way I can actively play catchup (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, March 25, 2019, 17:48 (1851 days ago) @ cheapLEY

New This Week at Bungie is up.

Starts off talking about Invitations of the Nine, and nice bit of info:

Everyone who accepted the first invitation last Friday will have a new experience this week. If you missed it last week, don’t worry. You can pick it up this Friday. There won’t be a cutscene every week, but that definitely wasn’t the last one you’ll see.

So it seems like, unlike the Offering to the Oracle stuff with Mara, if you missed it, you can catch up.

THARB

Is there a means by which I can actively play catchup?

I play one Primary Character and have 2 alternate characters that have only played enough to get to the Farm and hold my excess inventory items like a backpack - my Titan has access to the EDZ

I accepted the first invitation the other Friday (Week 1) on my Primary Character. I completed all the steps but stopped before visiting The Reckoning side mission with the cutscene. (limited play time, Life commitments, etc.)

Last Friday (Week 2) I went to Xûr and he had an invitation with a red bar at the top that basically said "you can only hold one of these at a time" and the greyed out mission steps seem like the Week 1 Bounty steps.

Last Night, I completed The Reckoning side mission and watched the cutscene (Week 1). After that I visited Xûr and he now has No Invitations. When I visit on my Titan character it looks like I can maybe accept the Week 1 Invitation again?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread