Destiny in 2019 - Fixed that for you (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 15:08 (1850 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Korny, Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 15:12

I completely agree with your general point, though - if you miss the high-activiity window, finding groups is MUCH harder. :(

I finally bought the Annual Pass when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago. Of the four or five people on PS4 who still play Destiny at any given time, all of them have long-since been done with pre-Drifter content, and I don't want to impose that grind on them again (last night, I barely beat the Forsaken campaign, which unlocked the Black Armory content, though I hear that's a grind, and I'm working to unlock the Dreaming City, and I was able to afford the Jerky from Drifter after some grinding, but that starts a thing on Titan).

So I've been running the content solo. When the game refused to let me do the Lake of Shadows strike because it couldn't find a third, I gave up for the night and went back to WF.

So yeah, I'm a bit behind on content, but since I don't have anything that I want out of it, the motivation to do the long grinds just for the privilege of playing the new content is almost non-existent.

Funny thing is that (lack of Mountaintop aside) I'm actually much happier with my characters on Xbox, which are all permanently stuck at <380. There is no investment system for me over there now (I don't even check the Postmaster half the time; dozens, if not hundreds of things have been lost to time). I just hop onto the events available during Year 1, and there are no sub-powered drops to disappoint, no weekly checklist to keep up with, and no long grind quests to clog up my Pursuits tab. I just hop on, play Comp or Whisper, and bounce without having to care about curse levels, enhanced perks, playing slots to get tryhard rolls, etc.

Cody's right. The Investment system needs an overhaul.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread