Nice to see him admit that Bungie lied yet again... (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 16, 2019, 12:25 (1707 days ago) @ Korny

Luke says that Trials of the Nine (emphasis his) has been put on indefinite hiatus. Combined with the news that they are currently working on 4 versions of 3v3 Elimination that will be tested in Crucible Labs strongly hints that Trials of Osiris is back in the table, eventually.

"So why have we been so quiet about PvP? Well, we didn’t have a lot to say. We weren’t actively developing something to hype up. We knew PvP was going to be something everyone got for free in New Light, so it wasn’t really a part of the Shadowkeep core offering."

Remember back when they cancelled TotN indefinitely, but promised that they had folks actively working on the "future evolutions" of PvP? Now he admits that they really didn't have anything over the past year+. It's okay though, I haven't fooled myself into thinking Bungie folks are honest people for a long time, but it's nice to see them owning up to it more now than before.

Uh... is what we are seeing them post today not the "future evolutions" of PvP (a quote I'm not even able to find, source?)? Your interpretation of lying seems to be that it's different than what you thought they meant. Something to hype is referring to a new Crucible mode or pinnacle activity, that doesn't mean they didn't have people working on the future of the Crucible.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread