To be disappointed here would require surprise. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, August 17, 2019, 08:56 (1686 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You know... I almost pitty your posts of this particular thread here. I don't think you realize what your words say. I don't think you've given that self-reflection, and now it's too late. It's fascinating. Among all the suring up you attempted, somehow you managed to use more words and STILL say nothing at all. I mean… at least Cody actually SAYS something. If you’re going to reply in bad faith, about how Bungie (and I’m quoting something I read today) “might as well be evil robots or trained murder pigeons or whatever”, wringing their hands among precariously well timed lighting bolts, curling around their fingers dastardly mustaches, then at the very least, please, draw us a picture.

I never said that Bungie is conniving/evil. Those things would require competence and a strong leadership and group focus.
Bungie's actions are a result of ineptitude and an apparent mismanagement, which can be blamed on having multiple studios working on disparate pieces of content (which Luke outright admitted on the first DC, so me wins), a lack of internal communication and cooperative iteration (which he also openly admitted), and horrible community management and communication (how about that Twitch studio they promise to use every three months?).

Why in the fuck are you supporting them!?!

I have fun playing their game, and know they can do better?

Let's look at another studio that lied to their community, Respawn.
Back when Apex launched, they promised that they wouldn't have scummy monetization, and for the game's first six months, that's held true. But they released a new event this week that had the worst monetization in recent memory. Even worse than Battlefront 2!
And what happened? They admitted, in their own words, that they broke their promise. They owned up to it, and are immediately working to fix their mistake. And it's not just a press release (which is more open and honest than simply saying "We're Listening" like some other studio loves doing), as you clearly know (since you quoted them), their community folks are on the subreddit explaining the situation from their end, which is far more than the crickets we hear from Bungie's multiple community "managers".

It's almost like being honest to your community is not as hard as you think it is...

Oh… and if I was a Mod, I'd ban ya for a week for trollish behavior (or perhaps inadvertently of a lack of reading comprehension). I expect better posts at DBO. Discontent is fine, heck a little heat can be fun between cold spells, but lets keep the baseless salt shit for elsewhere.

I don't know. I don't think that being a bootlicker is required to enjoy/play a company's game, so maybe that's where we differ on perspective (though it has helped me understand the perspective of a few folks in the community).

But I know I've been spoiled rotten by our lord and savior Digital Extremes, who excel at competence and communication, so maybe I am a little harsher than I should be at times.
I'm Listening, and I'll work on doing better.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread