eye roll (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, December 02, 2019, 10:48 (1618 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wonder if people will reject playing as and inhabiting a body of a different gender than they are. For a group of people who throw fits when a female soldier is on a cover or a woman points out misogyny in games, it seems like a lot to ask to have them be a woman while playing in VR.

Maybe they'll finally understand gender dysphoria?

I hope Valve doesn't take the shitty way out and not have your body be represented.

If someone somewhere did have an issue with it, I don't see VR as significantly different from an FPS or even a third-person game in that regard--plus [what cruelLegacey said]. I think as a mass phenomenon among gamers this is a straw man (or person), but it seems fairly common these days to assume the idiocy or bigotry of a big swath of the population on any subject (and it certainly is flattering to do so).

This is the other side of the same coin, but I have a huge issue with the argument that I can't relate to or identify with a protagonist who doesn't share my physical attributes or biographical details. F that noise all the home.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread