eye roll (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, December 03, 2019, 06:10 (1617 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

It's good to be under the rock. Sorry for your troubles, my friend. Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, a wise man once said. My best to you both.

All good my man, thanks.

I hope the point I was trying to make was clear. I'm consistently surprised how difficult it is to empathize with people. The skill ceiling, so to speak, is unlimited.

I got it. I’m a literature guy who got into it at a time when the academic fad was to deconstruct its value and essentially deconstruct the possibility for words to have a meaning that can be commonly understood. To my mind the value of literature has always been to improve our ability to empathize. If it’s not obvious I’m pretty passionately against narratives that make the barriers between us seem insurmountable. On a personal note when I was younger and actively writing my fiction was more often than not told from the female perspective. That’s just what came out. I got praise for it from women. Today I don’t think that would be acceptable by some on ideological grounds. Frankly I think that’s bull.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread