As if that makes a diffrence. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, December 02, 2019, 12:46 (1618 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wonder if people will reject playing as and inhabiting a body of a different gender than they are. For a group of people who throw fits when a female soldier is on a cover or a woman points out misogyny in games, it seems like a lot to ask to have them be a woman while playing in VR.

Maybe they'll finally understand gender dysphoria?

I hope Valve doesn't take the shitty way out and not have your body be represented.

I'm all for showerthoughts Cody, but this What-If reeks of kicking shit just so you can yell that it's all over your shoe. This is so 14-and-this-is-deep what is this I can't even.

[image]

And even if we entertain this what-if, this "I wonder" with life, the source of such an "identity" strife where someone is to be apparently so easily effected by simple virtual conveyance would be far beyond some surface bound understanding that we could perceive sitting at our keyboards. Such a concept is beyond any of our casual pay-grade. The end result is arguing for the sake of it, where nothing is solved and the points don't matter.

All in all, this is a fantastic Cody Post™.

Oh... and a decent Cyberpunk topic, with some adjustments.

And that's my two, 'cus I've better stuff to do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread