I agree. (Gaming)

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, December 05, 2019, 06:38 (1604 days ago) @ Korny

Although so far I haven’t heard a problem.

Did Korny just drop fake news?

It's weird. When I upload a clip to Xbox Live, the audio sounds different from what comes out of the screen (does the Xbox capture in Stereo while outputting 5.1? Apparently!).

Recording the screen, however:

Music and radio chatter tends to be the loudest thing, characters sound distant if you're looking right at them, louder when you're turned away, and your weapons sound muffled. Oddly, I don't have this issue in Cru- wow. Multiplayer matches.
Only Reach has had this issue.

It's a known issue and they are working on it. That said, yeah I totally noticed the issue immediately.

From MCC DEVELOPMENT UPDATE - NOVEMBER 2019:

To update Halo: Reach for Xbox One and PC required entirely changing the encoding for the game’s audio which has resulted in it sounding different from the original release. We are aware that areas of the title don’t sound like what you or we ideally want them to. It will take some time to work through solutions to improve the overall experience for audio and that work is already underway. When it is ready, we will flight to test the fixes we can make prior to updating the title. We also plan to go into more detail on our Reach audio journey in a later blog.

We did recently fix an issue with dynamic audio that we also saw some of the community report, this fix will be in for launch and has been reported to be improved in our Ring 1/2 flights.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread