I’d almost forgotten how great Bungie campaigns used to be. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 07, 2019, 18:28 (1591 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think Forsaken is the best campaign Bungie has ever made in Destiny. It is complete garbage when compared to any Halo campaign (and especially Reach).

Bungie still knows how to to make great encounters and interesting spaces (look no farther than the Shattered Throne and Pit of Heresy for that). It's the set-piece moments they sort of forgot how to do well. Nothing in Destiny compares to taking out AA guns to clear the skies for a bombing run while Banshees and Falcons duke it out in the skies above you, or using a Falcon of your own to run cover for a city evacuation as the Covenant begin glassing it in the distance, or escaping in a Warthog as Halo literally falls apart around you, or . . . well, the examples are far too numerous to continue listing.

As I was playing Reach, I really had this desire for Bungie to return to Halo at some point. I want to play as a Spartan assaulting a Covenant stronghold that takes the best aspects of the design ethos of the Shattered Throne and Pit of Heresy, with all the blockbuster moments the Reach campaign throws at us.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread