More bugs that affect the artists (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 09, 2019, 12:31 (1593 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I maintain that if you have to look at a side by side comparison to even notice it (which you totally do for almost every single one of the things Digital Foundry talks about), then it doesn’t matter.

Play the MCC version of Reach without having someone point out those issues, and they’re not even noticeable. Cruel is right—it just looks like Reach.

I disagree with him on the sound, though. That was immediately noticeable to me. It didn’t really affect my enjoyment, but I knew something was off the entire time I played.

I played through half the game using nothing but my TV speakers with the volume way down, so I probably wouldn’t have noticed any problems with the audio unless they were extreme. But when I played through the 2nd half of the campaign, I was wearing a stereo headset (plugged straight into my controller). I didn’t do any A/B comparisons, but the audio sounded just as I remembered it.

What kind of issues are you hearing?

Headset user here. Voices were obnoxiously loud in the mix. Everything else was in a can. I laughed outloud at how bad it was. Was glad my friend and I were just messing around in campaign and having a good time.

If I was going through "seriously" solo I might get irritated enough to just stop playing.

Yeah, I didn’t have any of those issues at all. Very strange. Was your headset plugged into the Xbox, or into the controller?

Or is this specifically a PC issue? I’m on Xbox One X.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread