More bugs that affect the artists (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, December 08, 2019, 23:15 (1598 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This version of Reach has a pretty significant bug with the post processing pipeline, in that the effect size does not scale with resolution. According to digital foundry, if say the depth of field blur is supposed to be 10 pixels at the original ~720p resolution of the original, it is STILL 10 pixels if you run the game at a higher resolution, not scaling properly. So any post processing like depth of field, ssao, grain, or bloom is completely messed up at nigher resolutions, disappearing or being severely lessened. The light bloom in particular is a giant difference.

There were comparisons of the audio, and I was shocked that it was so atrocious and sounded NOTHING like the original.

Again. These things are really careless and shit on the great work Bungie's artists have done.

FWIW, I just finished playing through the whole campaign, and thought it looked and sounded fantastic. I was wearing a stereo headset, so I didn’t notice any of the audio glitches that have been described. As far as the visuals, well, it looks great. Of course it looks slightly different than from the original, but isn’t that the whole point? Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want changes that mess with the aesthetic style or visual formula of the original (like Halo Anniversary’s updated graphics did). But MCC Reach isn’t that. It’s a sharper, smoother-looking version of the original. I can’t imagine anyone who worked on Reach playing the MCC version and thinking “hey, they messed up the graphics!”. I bet they’re most likely happy to see a modernized version of their game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread