One Year Anniversary (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 23, 2019, 10:19 (1578 days ago)

I stopped playing Destiny one year ago today. I've made it a year. I wanted to be on board with Destiny. With the world. With the co-operative play. But enough was enough.

And while I do miss the raids, the folks who have played with me over the years, and some of the mystery, I look over what this year has brought and I see a game I was absolutely right to abandon. I see a game that's doubled down on the grind, on the routine rather than on a story and a universe to explore. A game which has all but abandoned storytelling and is instead focused on lore and mindless mechanics to keep you interested.

I see a game now in year six that has not even lived up to the basic expectations laid down by Bungie. Does this honestly feel like the halfway point in an epic 10 year journey? It feels like several aborted starts to me.

And so I feel better than ever about leaving it behind. And part of me is sad about that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread