Sloppy? Bedraggled? Dispirited? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, January 04, 2020, 18:35 (1535 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I've worked diligently (and had help) in building a vast vocabulary. Yet in the last day or so... I don't know what word to give to describe how or what I feel about "Keep on keeping on man!" right here, my response in reading this - and it bothers me.

A splinter on the mind.

This is a thread in a Destiny Forum about not playing Destiny. Celebrating that fact even to a degree. This is a post here encouraging this further.

Is this post to which I reply... Incongruous? Is that the word? Paradoxical? Inverted? ... bah. Weird? ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

/2¢

Think of it like a divorce.

The proper response is "congratulations", not "I'm sorry". See, you ended a relationship that wasn't working, rather than drawing it out and being unhappy longer, and possibly complicating things with kids etc. That's a good thing.

Just as is leaving a game you find exploitative, not working for you, and increasingly being made in bad faith.

Oh geeeez. This metaphor makes it even worse! "Baby, I'm so glad I'm over you. I haven't thought about you in a year! To prove it, I'm going to post how happy I am in the place where we met/fostered/some-other-third-thing to celebrate!... something something something.

Yeah. You seem real over it.

Yet that's just this thread, so your post to which I've replied to is then; if I can't love no one can. Or something.

/Metaphor

... maybe the word I'm looking for is actually "weird". Meh. Shut up brain before I get all stabby with the Q-tips.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread