Nah (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, January 06, 2020, 07:19 (1534 days ago) @ ZackDark

Those bounties are a major reason I’ve become disinterested in the game (although from a season pass/XP leveling angle, rather than for bright dust, which I don’t care about).

It’s busywork that refuses to let me just play the game. Sure, you can ignore them and play just fine, but then you’re no longer getting bright dust and no longer efficiently gaining XP to level the season pass (something I’m not convinced I could actually level up just by playing the game if I didn’t constantly juggle bounties).

Bounties are completely counter to the things that make Destiny good in my opinion, especially for how often Bungie tells me they’re allowing me to play my way. If I could jump in and just play the game, ignore bounties, do whatever my friends want to do (the way I’ve been playing Destiny since Destiny 2 released), I’d still be paying. Instead, every time I logged on, I felt that I had to spend twenty minutes prioritizing which chores to do first to actually make good progress, instead of my old standby of just seeing what anyone else was doing and start paying. That is still possible, but it would be at the expense of leveling up the season pass or getting bright dust, which is now where they put all the coolest stuff. You can argue about cosmetics all day long, but for many looking cool is an essential part of Destiny. If it wasn’t, the Eververse wouldn’t exist in the first place.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread