What Control? "New" Ultimate Edition & Next-Gen. (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 13, 2020, 07:54 (1345 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I'm not happy about this. I bought it on sale because I heard it was good. But I haven't gotten to play it yet because of my massive queue. But I also heard it doesn't play really well on this generation of Xbox and it would be best to wait for the next Xbox.

But now I either play it now and have a lesser experience (I plan on buying the next xbox) or pay even more money to buy this stupid Ultimate edition. What if I honestly don't like the game? Do I play it on this generation just to test the waters?

It's just a total... mess.

So, you won’t get the next gen version, but the old version will still run on Series X. Maybe it’ll run okay there? It runs mostly fine on a One X.

This decision still sucks though. I get that developing a next gen version costs money, but there’s gotta be a better way than this.

How much money, though, is what I wonder. I've heard that the game is amazeballs on PC, which came out last August. It just doesn't seem like they'd have to do so much for the amazeballs next-gen version, and I'm not one to underestimate dev work.

I paid for The Last of Us remastered, but I know that took a ton of work, and it was a pretty big leap and was the only way to play it on the PS4 (the original may have been available through PS Now, but I don't consider that true backwards compatibility).

Considering the landscape now, this seems dickish. An upgrade path would be a reasonable compromise. I certainly wish I had not bought it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread