XbSx Backward Compatibility (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 13, 2020, 14:45 (1323 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, August 13, 2020, 15:40

As far as I know yes, it will work. The new console is fully backwards compatible with the Xbox One. Or at least that’s what I thought.

Yeah, I don't keep up on it enough to say for certain what is and isn't.

There is a set number of titles from the Xbox & Xbox 360 Days that have backwards compatibility. This is set in stone now, as Microsoft is no longer working on the technical necessities required to bring anything else forward.

As I understand it, this whole generation of Xbox One games should be compatible, and if supported, even your Save Data can be ported to the new box with Microsofts "Smart Delivery" system. If supported.

In other words, if you have purchased Control and played it, as I have, things will work just as in every other generation. The Save Data is stuck on the platform you played upon, and if you can play on a newer platform, you start from scratch again.

Unless you get this new "Ultimate Edition". If you get this edition, and only this edition, you will get "Smart Delivery" of Control, which will not only bring over your save, but I presume will bring about graphical improvements as well. I say this as the PC version of Control supports Ray-Trace Lighting, which the new Xbox does as well.

I don't know what the deal is for Ps5 backwards compatibility wise. (Last min edit; here is a link to an Article from ArsTechnica that may help as well.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread