Oh?! (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 14, 2020, 13:03 (1351 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

There is a set number of titles from the Xbox & Xbox 360 Days that have backwards compatibility. This is set in stone now, as Microsoft is no longer working on the technical necessities required to bring anything else forward.

This is only true for XB1. Series X will see more OGXbox an Xbox 360 titles brought forward, with all the obligatory enhancements.

This is literally the first time I have heard this. When was this announced? Or rather, where can I go to read about it?

As I understand it, this whole generation of Xbox One games should be compatible, and if supported, even your Save Data can be ported to the new box with Microsofts "Smart Delivery" system. If supported.

Of course you can bring your saves forward, just as you could from 360 to XB1. It's all automatic this time since XB1 files are automatically copied to the cloud.

Smart Delivery is something else entirely. It simply means that if you have an XB1 copy of a game, you can play the native XSX version at no additional cost. Publishers have to opt in to this program, and not all of them are doing so.

Wait! Wha? I can bring over 360 saves over to XB1?! Wha!? OMG YOU CAN! How'd I miss this?! And geez... kinda sucks about that delay. :/ lol.

Well. Thanks Snipe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread