What Control? "New" Ultimate Edition & Next-Gen. (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, August 13, 2020, 07:59 (1353 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I'm not happy about this. I bought it on sale because I heard it was good. But I haven't gotten to play it yet because of my massive queue. But I also heard it doesn't play really well on this generation of Xbox and it would be best to wait for the next Xbox.

But now I either play it now and have a lesser experience (I plan on buying the next xbox) or pay even more money to buy this stupid Ultimate edition. What if I honestly don't like the game? Do I play it on this generation just to test the waters?

It's just a total... mess.

So, you won’t get the next gen version, but the old version will still run on Series X. Maybe it’ll run okay there?

Will the old version still run on the series X? Unless I missed something that said all Xbox one games play on the series X, nothing in Control's article says the original version will play on it.

It runs mostly fine on a One X.

This line alone says a lot. "Mostly fine" on the current top end Xbox. I don't have a One X, I just have a first generation One so I'm probably in a world of hurt.

This decision still sucks though. I get that developing a next gen version costs money, but there’s gotta be a better way than this.

Honestly, if I hadn't bought the original game this package is a great deal. It's just that I have bought it and on one of their sales none the less! I feel like I got bait and switched by the company.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread