Thoughts on the Series X (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, November 16, 2020, 21:24 (1228 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by Korny, Monday, November 16, 2020, 21:42

I just quit destiny 2 to test this "fresh" and Boot -> Character Select -> Tower -> Europa took ~2:18.

If you're not going to the tower and doing the same steps to load into Europa it takes ~1:15.

Where I was happy with the PS5, I’m finding myself really impressed with the Xbone. The thing really is next-level in almost every regard, and shows just how much of a godsend Phil Spencer has been for Xbox.

The ONLY exception is the Share function, which is identical to the Xbone’s (and the extra button on the controller is functionally useless for me, since I’ve mastered the art of Guide>view>dpad>X. It’s nice, but a real letdown, as it still uses your existing online storage space (which makes sense, I guess).
PS5’s share function is a real evolution (trim and upload clips without leaving your game screen!), and I was praying that Series X could compete, but alas.

The controller is pretty much the same meh controller as before, though the rear grip texture and bumpers feel nice for a change. But like I said, the share button is pretty pointless, and overall the thing feels much cheaper than the Dualsense. But whatevs.

All that said, out the gate, I’m giving the Xbone a 9/10.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread