They really nailed Backwards Compatibility/Continuity (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, November 19, 2020, 08:38 (1253 days ago) @ Cody Miller

What's the back compatibility for original Xbox titles? Can you play say, Halo or Indigo Prophecy on the new consoles?

This list can't be right:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backward-compatible_games_for_Xbox_One#List_of_compatible_titles_from_Xbox

Halo isn't even on here…

Unfortunately I think the OG XBox Back Compat list is relatively brief.

This is insane. Why would they have focused their efforts on the games they did, and not HALO AND HALO 2.

Let me remind you that the classic mode graphics in Halo are STILL BROKEN in MCC. I'm willing to bet 343 will never fix it.

Halo and Halo 2 are more or less playable on the 360, but not if you do co-op split screen. It slows to a crawl.

Look I'm probably not the person you'd want calling the shots on the backwards compatibility team, but I will say this.

It's probably because when they were working on the backwards compatibility list for OG XBox to Xbox One, between MCC and Halo: Anniversary Edition, it wasn't worth the effort, those games were intended to satisfy the vast majority of the wants and needs of anyone interested in playing Halo: CE... I get that the issues you've got are non starters or are very upsetting, but it doesn't stop someone from getting roughly the same experience as the OG.

I'll put it this way, with the recent upgrades to MCC, I plan on playing through all the Halos again, and I'm 100% sure, even if they had backwards compat for Halo/Halo 2, I would not bother finding those disks and putting them in to play the OGs, because it would be as I call, too hard basket.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread