And at that point, with those features (Gaming)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, November 20, 2020, 04:58 (1252 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316), Friday, November 20, 2020, 05:22

343 is not ever going to fix the classic graphics. That’s what I’m saying.

Why would you think that? It's low priority, but parity with the OGXbox version is still on the list.

As discussed in the June 2019 MCC Development Update

"Postums: With Halo: Combat Evolved coming after Halo: Reach, a lot of people have been asking about our planned improvements to HCE in order to bring it more in parity to the original Xbox version. Essentially, what we are planning to rework to be more aligned with legacy than the original Gearbox port to PC that is used in MCC.

Michael Fahrny: We’re not targeting it for the launch on PC, but we are continuing to investigate what we can do to bring CE back to parity of the original Xbox version.

But, what I can say, is we have dug up some original Xbox devkits that we are looking into utilizing.

Umm, also we do, well, I don’t want to publish this right now but, but we also have <ONI REDACTED> working on <ONI REDACTED> so when we’re ready to announce that, we will, but I don’t want to put that in this blog."

Speculation of the redacted bit: <Halo modder extraordinaire Kornman> working on <Halo: Custom Edition content integration>

It’s been 9 years.

It's actually been 17 years (MCC H1 is the PC port).

In the meantime, you may be interested in the fan-made HaloCE Refined project, a mod to restore HPC to the OGXbox version.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread