Your VoG verdict (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, May 24, 2021, 10:41 (1029 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I thought they did a fantastic job updated and changing the raid without ruining it. Props to the team who pulled that off. Once the contest mode was over, it became a lot easier to run.

One of the best differences: I got to run a lot of Destiny with y'all this last weekend and it was fantastic to not feel behind because of light-level etc. None of our groups finished because we were mostly on different schedules, but it was really fun to hang out and run down memory lane. I ran with two groups who made it to the Templar, and then did a pickup to push to the gatekeepers.

Anyhow, how did you feel about it? Did you finish? What weapons did you get and do they live up to your memory?

I liked when the contest mode ended; I don't mind hard, I guess i don't really like hard + precise + dependent on a variety of skill levels. Normal mode isn't trivial; it didn't become a cakewalk when contest mode ended, it just became easier to focus on the OTHER stuff.

We finished. We pounded our heads against the wall on Templar (mostly due to muscle memory - doing damage from the top teleport position leaves you wide open to the minotaurs that spawn behind you, instead of at the bottom of the stairs), then regrouped Sunday morning (before reset) and knocked it out by changing strats. I'll leave spoilers out of this post, but there are a couple of things that we changed that made us think "what were we thinking?"

I got a Fatebringer (not thrilled with the roll - Thresh/Adrenaline Junkie - but looking forward to something closer to the original), a Praedyth's Revenge (haven't had time to test it yet, but it's got a pretty nice roll - Quickdraw/Opening Shot with Arrowhead Brake and Tactical Mag), and a Hezen Vengeance (also no test). Also got a couple of pieces of armor.

Fatebringer almost feels familiar, until reload. No Outlaw feels WRONG.

No Mythoclast for anyone in our group. :(

Oh: I agree with your "they did a good job updating without making a mess". I'm not sure I felt that way at the start - but I do now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread