Your VoG verdict *slight spoils* (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:07 (1030 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I thought they did a fantastic job updated and changing the raid without ruining it. Props to the team who pulled that off. Once the contest mode was over, it became a lot easier to run.

Totally. I love the changes/challenge almost universally (and I'll take a series of Wyverns over defending the confluxes for 10 minutes any day).
It was neat to explore these familiar spaces with different goals (even something as simple as looking for the third "Oracle" to open the chest room was a fun time, since we were all involved). Also, remember that time I got separated and pointed out a capture plate that wasn't there before? Turns out that is indeed new, and it addresses an issue we brought up regarding a portal, but that's for another time).

I just want to say, though. I hope whoever added Cyclopses to the capture stage drops their vat of chili. I mean, what's this crap?

One of the best differences: I got to run a lot of Destiny with y'all this last weekend and it was fantastic to not feel behind because of light-level etc. None of our groups finished because we were mostly on different schedules, but it was really fun to hang out and run down memory lane. I ran with two groups who made it to the Templar, and then did a pickup to push to the gatekeepers.

My favorite thing was the slow build of a well-oiled machine. We adapted on the fly really well once we found the walls to bash against, and went from struggling to finding ideal strats, sometimes wordlessly (such as when INSANE realized that he could handle the entirety of R-Oracle killing by himself, and Blaze and I just focused on keeping the heat off him without a word, and we blasted through that stage after that).
Contrast this clip with the one above:

You're welcome, right side.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread