That’s my map! Lol (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 09:25 (1029 days ago) @ ZackDark

Regarding the updated mechanics: I’m torn. At first glance, all the changes seem fine or even good. But my concern is that they’ve pushed VoG into the same callout-heavy direction that many subsequent raids have gone, and in my experience that has a negative impact on the long-term enjoyment factor of a raid. I’m of the belief that the first few times through a raid should be an exciting challenge, but at a certain point they work best as a fun way to socialize with friends while chasing sweet loot. Raids like the original VoG, Crota, Scourge of the Past, and Deep Stone Crypt all work beautifully in this regard. They’re just simple and loose enough that an experienced raid group can relax a bit, chat and laugh together in between callouts. But when raids become too mechanically ornate and callout-heavy (Last Wish, King’s Fall, Crown of Sorrow, Spire of Stars), the simple need to keep comms clear for vital callouts reduces the ability to socialize as a group. It makes completing the raid the first time feel like a greater accomplishment, but greatly diminishes my desire to repeat it over and over with friends.

You definitely have a point there. As a musician, though, I thought you'd breeze through those :p

Destinyraider is the website I made back in D1, and I made a bunch of VoG maps to go along with it. Cool to see this getting used :)

And as far as the musical notes go, I don’t quite have perfect pitch, although on my best days I’m close. With some practice, I might be able to pull it off :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread