Dungeons now purchased separately. (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 06:08 (912 days ago) @ cheapLEY

To be clear, I already bought the Witch Queen Deluxe plus 30th Anniversary pack and don’t regret it. Other than the post-Forsaken year, I think every dollar I’ve spent on Destiny has been well spent, enough so that I dropped $100 (or whatever it was, I genuinely don’t remember) on prebuying the next year of Destiny.

It just struck me as an odd tone shift and is yet another reminder that Bungie is talking out the side of their mouths at all times.

I thought this was weird too. They've gotten a little too good at dropping these sour apples separate from their big positive announcements.

I'm going to buy the whole big thing too, it's just so worth it for me it's silly to even think about not doing it. The problem with that, it's impossible to explain to someone looking to try Destiny out how the game will work for them with only some of the content.

I've often wondered how much it costs to develop a Dungeon or a Raid as something like a pure billing rate sum. Wild guessing: it seems to take about a year to develop them, so if you say it takes 20 people working 40 hours a week for a year, and guess a billing rate of $200/hour per person (they probably have pretty high overhead), that works out to around $8 million. I wonder if they looked at how much they were spending on developing the Dungeons and decided including them with the seasons ($10 a pop) was undervaluing that investment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread