Bungie hates noobs. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 13:25 (891 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We went from being told Eververse was funding stuff like Zero Hour to Dungeons being broken out as separate purchases.

To be clear, I already bought the Witch Queen Deluxe plus 30th Anniversary pack and don’t regret it. Other than the post-Forsaken year, I think every dollar I’ve spent on Destiny has been well spent, enough so that I dropped $100 (or whatever it was, I genuinely don’t remember) on prebuying the next year of Destiny.

It just struck me as an odd tone shift and is yet another reminder that Bungie is talking out the side of their mouths at all times.

Is Bungie a wrathful god? Maybe not, but it sure seems like all their player base must suffer some sort of mild-maybe-more-ish indignity or insufferableness to play their game. Indeed I shall elaborate.

Here we are, the folks whom have suffered long to taste the sweets we knew Bungie capable of. Even though there were some really, REALLY -like so bad WU added "Criticism" as a selectable post tag- really bad times in Destines span, we've come back because we're Bungie fans. Or we're crazy. Both? eh. For us the next year is easy to choose for thanks to the by-and-large excellent year of content improvements made in Destiny. So what do we do? *BOOM* here's yer hundo, and the whole year is set.

That's it. It's so easy. It's quite frankly how it used to be and how it should have stayed. Here's your yearly expansion pack with ALL THINGS! Done. Now go play our game, we hope you enjoy.

!!!*SIGH*!!!

[image]

Plus we're in so deep with this jungle it honestly feels rude to stop the party now. Or something, whatever.

Then we get to... THE NOOBS! The unwashed blueberry masses who have yet to provide proper sacrifice. They must prove their devotion, and they must do so with PAIN! On their knees they must chant;

P̵̩̱̼̰̾͌̏̔̃̃̏͝h'nglui mg̴̛̮̻͇̫̫̘̲̻̦̱̀͆̉lw'nafh C̶̨͖̯̯͕̰̙̗̔̐̏̓͜͝͠t̴̡͔̻̩͔̼̟̜̞͈̓̌̒͋̇ḧ̶͕͈̖̮͔̀͌̅͑̎͌ü̵̡͈̦̠̼̣̺̂l̸̡̞͕̜̱̅͗̑̀̀̃̉ḩ̸̺̹͓̰̩̯̲̰̉̇̀̏́͜ư̴̺̠͎͖̬̫̟͉̊͒͐̉͒̂͂̀̇ R'lyeh w̵̨͔̓́̊́̃gah'nagl fh̷̡͍̣̼͉̰̲̯̆̍̄̈͊́̂̑tagn!

Oh! Wait... no, that's, it should be... precious...

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

NO! NO!...It's... It's...

What the fuck is all this? Do I want the horse armor?

[image]

One of my longest running critiques of this game has been how it seems reliably to get in the way of the fun it possesses. Now it seems for these potential guardians Bungie has made it even more unnecessarily harder to parse by nickel-and-dimeing those whom would be far more vulnerable to such. The folks comeing into this, who have no investment, who don't know why this game is so big that bungie needs to "vault" content. All they see is the pittance that is allowed on top of pay gate after pay gate. It's so so very stupid, in warms my heart knowing that whoever was the designer on sun-setting is now working on new light stuff.

[image]
Caption: The designer on sun-setting now working on new light stuff.

On behalf of every new light guardian, fuck you bungie for hording some of that gold, you fucking dragon. Even the dumbest of drug dealers knows you give the first hit for free.

Ah shit, what a statement.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread