Is Infinite… canon? (Gaming)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, January 22, 2022, 11:32 (818 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I need to play more to really evaluate the open world. I don’t think it’s super additive, but after doing the first island, I ignored the open world and mainlined the campaign missions. Maybe there’s good stuff there that I didn’t see, but I wasn’t impressed by what I did experience. It just wasn’t compelling or particularly fun to navigate, and it most seemed like there wasn’t much to justify its existence.

My only complaint is that there needs to be more variety. I would like things like randomly roaming high value targets and "enemies are moving against each other" moments.

Rolling around with my death squad of heavily armed marines is fun, even if it does make some open world stuff trivial. But if I want harder I can just leave them at the FOB. The squad size seems to be limited to 5 marines, but I wonder how that will work with coop. Ten marines with volatile skewers and arcane sentinel beams would steamroll everything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread