...rolls a grenade into the room... (Gaming)

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, January 27, 2022, 16:03 (819 days ago) @ kidtsunami

This where I just feel like my experience differs from you so strongly. I spent MOST of my time in the game in a warthog (unless I was indoors). I mastered getting my warthog full of laser wielding clowns into the most unlikely places and it just was hilarious. I felt like I was on a proper adventure, gearing up at an outpost, getting a crew together and heading out to raise hell. That general feeling is something Halos of the past hinted at but this one delivered.

You've got some valid points, I just think this game _resonated_ with me in a special way.

While I think it's fair to say that the core narrative was a bit thin on character portrayals (particularly Banished characters) and quite thin on plot, I imagine it would've been denser in both regards if 2/3rds of the game hadn't been cut. That said, I felt like the story telling was my favorite since Halo 2 and the gameplay is going to be uniquely appealing. If you can find the fun, it's fun. If you can't find fun that works for you, it's not. I think they can improve on that so it's a better experience for everyone across the board, but it definitely fulfilled some of the promise that Halo has never been able to fulfill, if those aspects interested you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread