Is Infinite… canon? (Gaming)

by EffortlessFury @, Saturday, January 22, 2022, 13:05 (818 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I greatly enjoyed it. I like the open world enough that I've nearly 100%'d every activity and collectible. However, others' observations that it's not particularly dense or meaningful are generally well-founded, and the game never really does big set piece moments. That said, taking into consideration the troubled dev cycle and COVID, I'd say it was a solid first attempt, and I ultimately still had fun. Future single player content definitely needs to refine the concept.

Narratively I'm almost entirely satisfied. It also suffers from not having as much depth as it could've, and I suspect cuts also affected this area as much as it did the open world mechanics. I don't have a problem with how stripped back the narrative was compared to previous titles as I view this as an opportunity to relayer the foundations.

I'd say it's definitely worth a Game Pass trial (or even a regular month at $10) and your time, if for no other reason than to evaluate it yourself.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread