...rolls a grenade into the room... (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 06:19 (813 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm obviously the minority here then. I was/am pretty disappointed on most aspects of the campaign.

The story was "meh" to me. The goals of the antagonist were shallow and there didn't seem to be any stakes.

Missions seemed stale and repetitive. They built a beautiful open world, then used it for the missions of "go here and blow this up. Now go here and blow this up." The multiple boss battles were annoying to me. If you didn't have the right weapons, it was just a bunch of constantly running away and pecking away at the bosses life meter. You either won, or died and started over gradually increasing with each attempt.

I never used a warthog. I got it one early on and it seemed to tip over with the slightest bump. It was more frustrating than anything.

There is no campaign co-op yet. There is no mission replay yet. If you want to replay a campaign mission, you have to start a new campaign, and run the whole thing in order.

After one week, I had beaten the campaign and found all of the open world collectibles (that were available outside of campaign missions.)

One of the most fun vehicles is the hornet. It's fun to fly around shooting bad guys...wait...nope, two random banshees just spawned next to you and grief you until your hornet is destroyed.

It definitely seems like they got the campaign portion of the game to a point of "ok...it's at least playable. We can release it and add/patch things as we go."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread