everything will be ok (Destiny)

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, November 18, 2013, 08:38 (3814 days ago) @ Beorn

A few things:

- I haven't been on bungie.net as long as you. Why should I get penalized for that? Years on b.net--any value--is a completely arbitrary metric.

- From an engineering standpoint, rolling out the demo with a focus on two systems (PS3/4) at a time is much easier than focusing on four systems at the same time. Easier & faster to handle & respond to any potential problems, spread the workload, capture and analyze data.

- Allowing an incredibly small subset of players access to the demo from another system would take way more work than it would be worth--remember, they're not actually making money off the demo, probably losing some overall. Granted, they'll hopefully get some good data and experience out of it, but the beta is effectively f2p.

- Anyone here try to play GTA Online when it first came out? It wouldn't work at all for me for the first 1-2 weeks. Not saying I want that to happen to the PS players, but if it does... well, as they say, thanks for beta testing the beta for me.

- Finally, and this isn't what people want to hear, but if you really want first access to the beta, you could just get a PS3/4. Not everyone has money or wants to buy them, but the option is there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread