Smarter Enemies and Reduced Complexity (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 12:13 (548 days ago) @ Beorn

The more reasonable hope is for reduced complexity in relation to gear, mods, stats, etc. Or at the very least a more digestible way of understanding how all of these play together. The systems really exploded in complexity with the 3.0 elements, which seems to be a function of increased flexibility, but since Destiny is a side hobby and not a full-time job for me, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around everything. Catering to Tha Streamerz™ has not done us any favors…

Honestly, they've taken the plunge into build crafting sooo deep that I don't think they'll ever change.

This was a big hurdle for me last year when they started to roll out. I actually checked out for a while and then just decided to let other people make the decisions for me. Once I played with some "preset" builds, I got a good feeling for how all the systems worked and could really hone it in to my playstyle. Now I can actually really appreciate it, but it really isn't something you can do switch up easily without DIM and that is a shame. Mactics does a pretty good job of breaking down builds and explaining how the pieces of a puzzle fit together- although his language is a bit hyperbolic at times. Here's then one that got me into it.

Void Hunter: Always invisible

Also, Hi and welcome back! Rellekh still has found memories of you guiding her through her first VoG clear.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread