Hopes/expectations for Lightfall? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 08:53 (519 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

I think the thing I'm most excited about is to move away from Savathun's featureless throne world. Hive architecture has never been my favorite part of Destiny. There's just a smoothness, sameness, and boringness that always seems to come with it. That section over there is the apothecary, you say? How can you tell? There's nothing external to the Light-drenched Hive chitin structure that makes me think of a place to mix and formulate medicines and drugs. There was certainly very little inside that made me think I was in a place of experimentation and solutions and arcane combinations of exotic elements searching for revolutionary concoctions.

Constast that with Mara's Dreaming City. There's not really that many more distinct materials in use over there... but from the foggy shore to the sparkling, twinkling crystal tunnels, to the spacious elegant rooms inside the towering white buildings, to the beautiful gardens... there's something more to the non-Hive destinations that I really enjoy a lot more.

And, now we have Bungie saying that they're trying to add more detail and senses of place to Neomuna. A location that, even by itself, already screams that it's more visually interesting than the Throne World. If nothing else, I'm very much looking forward to the rad, neon-lit secret city.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread