Smarter Enemies and Reduced Complexity (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 20, 2022, 07:46 (525 days ago) @ Beorn

The more reasonable hope is for reduced complexity in relation to gear, mods, stats, etc. Or at the very least a more digestible way of understanding how all of these play together. The systems really exploded in complexity with the 3.0 elements, which seems to be a function of increased flexibility, but since Destiny is a side hobby and not a full-time job for me, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around everything. Catering to Tha Streamerz™ has not done us any favors…

This is a genuine question I have. It's been almost 4 years since I've played this game, so I'm curious about this.

If someone were to pick up Des2ny now, today, and they didn't go on /r/DestinyTheGame for help, how many of the systems in the game currently are 'discoverable'? Just how complex are they? I kind of felt like Des2ny already had a bit of that problem when I stopped, so I'm curious where it's at now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread