Not Learning (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 12:08 (3808 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Did Bungie learn NOTHING from why Diablo 3 sucked?

Getting worked up about a sentence someone wrote on the internet after reading an article someone else wrote after playing a game you haven't played and is still in development seems a little absurd to me...

Here's a hint: if you are building a character by selecting attributes and abilities, and you can just change them on a whim, then it doesn't feel like you are BUILDING A CHARACTER. Unless the choices you make stick, you don't feel like you are building a character, because you AREN'T. When you can just change shit on the fly, your character is no longer unique.

The ability to change your character doesn't force you to do so. I roleplay in games where I have freedom to do all sorts of shit, but don't, because it doesn't fit right with my character. But sometimes I like switching things up after 300 hours of playing a Fighter and learn some decent spells.

Hell, I've been rope-playing in Halo since I first tried it.

This also means there aren't tradeoffs with character building, since you can just change your focuses to be optimal for whatever area you are fighting in.

Sounds like Megaman - cool!

It feels like you're just waiting for Destiny to be bad, Mr. Scrooge. Looking forward to waiting to see how the actual game plays, not your mental construct of what it must be. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread