Very nice. In return I offer a bit of Speculation :) (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 14:52 (3804 days ago) @ Mr Daax
edited by Ragashingo, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 15:25

Generations ago, the Traveler came tot the solar system and perpared the way for humanity's expansion into the stars. It reshaped planets and moons, and taught us new technologies and mystical powers that led to a golden age. Then the Traveler's ancient enemy returned. The mysterious Darkness swept through the system, devastating civilization and leading to the Collapse. Few humans survived, due only to the intervention of the Traveler, leaving one last city on Earth protected from devastation. Now, many years later, humanity's guardians are departing the safety of the City to reclaim their legacy across Earth and its many neighboring celestial neighbors.

On Humanity's enemies

While humanity huddles behind the safety of its city, the solar system is overrun by a multitude of alien species, each with its own goals and abilities, but all linked to the force of Darkness that threatens to wipe out our species.

On the Hive Wizards

Wizards wear long, crumbling robes and fly overhead to unleash their spells, drawing on the power of the Darkness to fuel their powers.

Interesting. So now we have The Traveler, a bright white object that was shown intensely bright during some of the Ronut videos. We have The Darkness which is against The Traveler for some reason. I wonder if there's anything behind the currency Humanity seems to being called Glimmer? A Glimmer of hope? A Glimmer in the Darkness? A Glimmer of light?

So, for now at least, I'm going to be calling Race 5 "Darkness".
[image]

I think the part about the Hive Wizards is really interesting because we now an official link between the Hive and the Darkness, where before we had the implied one of the black pryamid ships, their blue beams and the swirling black stuff:

[image] [image][image]

Also, what was the title of the first Destiny ViDoc? Oh yeah, that's right!
[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread