Very nice. In return I offer a bit of Speculation :) (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 09:50 (3802 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Interesting. So now we have The Traveler, a bright white object that was shown intensely bright during some of the Ronut videos. We have The Darkness which is against The Traveler for some reason. I wonder if there's anything behind the currency Humanity seems to being called Glimmer? A Glimmer of hope? A Glimmer in the Darkness? A Glimmer of light?

I keep coming back to your post in my thoughts and I can't shake your ideas. They feel so concrete :)

Along these lines, I'm wondering if what we've come to know as "The Traveler's Gift" bestowing powers upon the Guardians, I wonder if the official and/or in-game name for this will be "The Traveler's Light" or something along those lines. Could we even have some NPCs that worship the Traveler like a god? I would not be surprised to hear someone exclaim "May the Traveler's Light guide you" or, "By the Light!" (I'm thinking Skyrim-style in-game religiosity here... By the nines... Talos guide you... etc).

I think the part about the Hive Wizards is really interesting because we now an official link between the Hive and the Darkness, where before we had the implied one of the black pryamid ships, their blue beams and the swirling black stuff:

This would give a nice dichotomy. The Guardians are forces for good, empowered by the Light of the Traveler. The enemy races (maybe more than just the Hive) are forces for evil, empowered by The Darkness. I'm really liking this path of thinking...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread