Bungie? or Halo? (from the front page)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 15:16 (4091 days ago)

After reading it I find that I am very similar to the writer. I agree with the majority of his points.

This paragraph is the most accurate summary of my own views:

"The answer to my introspective question is : No. I am not a fan of Bungie. I think their success with Halo has earned them my attention regarding Destiny, but that’s where it ends for me. I am approaching Destiny with a cautious curiosity that very likely could result in me not purchasing the game. Currently I am still on the fence about the game with a slight pull towards the negative. Not that there are enough facts out there to garner a concrete opinion, but there are some things working for and against them in my eyes."

- I also do not like magic. This is simply because I equate magic with the fantasy genre which I don't enjoy. Its not about immersion in my case.

- I am not opinionated on the subject of menus. Totally neutral.

- I also don't like MMOs. Yes, I know this supposedly isn't an MMO. Don't care. I'm hoping they are able to separate it enough so I enjoy it. A lot of other people have said that is something Bungie is good at- taking the good qualities from something and making them even better, while leaving out the rest. I am hoping this is the case for Destiny.

- I am not opinionated on the subject of the name "destiny". Totally neutral.

Simply put, I'm interested. You have my attention. Now you have to "sell" it to me. And no, I'm not leaning to the negative, I promise. I very much want to like this, and I am excited to see where things will go.

Lastly (more of an aside): One thing the writer did not touch on was the concept of community. Man, that really complicates it on a whole other level, doesn't it?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread