It's like with music...

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:37 (4091 days ago) @ RC

You can be a fan of an individual song
You can like an entire album
You can only like a specific genre or style they do
You can like everything that musician puts out
Or you can like them as a person, but not really like anything they make.

For me, Bungie have made enough albums that I like, and I've seen enough of them in interviews and vidocs to consider myself a total fan. I'm pretty sure I'll want to at least play Destiny to see what it's like.

It's totally fine to be sceptical since the 'style' of their album has shifted this time. That's healthy. I didn't preorder their Reach album until after I'd heard a bit of it.

(ok, this analogy is getting awkward)

That's all well and good, and I'm not looking for anyone to justify my thoughts as correct or incorrect. I'm just curious as to what the rest of the bORG think (though I admit I chuckled when Claude dodged the question- we all know what he likes in that equation lol).

But I feel the same as you did with Reach. Like I said, I'm interested, but I'm not one of the guys who have pre-ordered it already. Maybe I will if I like what I see! Maybe I'll wait a bit after its out.

So to circle back, when someone asks me "Bungie or Halo?" I say Halo.

*This is of course assuming that 343 can keep Halo interesting, otherwise my answer would be "Bungie's Halo" lol. And, if both turn out to be fun for me, then I can say "Both" :).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread