You clearly haven't played Uncharted...

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:04 (4090 days ago) @ bryan newman

Or Journey, or Heavy Rain, Killzone, Jak and Daxter, Infamous, Dust 514, God of War, Resistance, or seen the Last of Us demo...

It took a while for Sony to get their ducks in a row this gen but once they did they did so QUITE well.

Obviously. Because I'd have to own a PS3 for that. Honestly, I've seen gameplay for most of those, and very few of them interest me. I won't argue there aren't titles there I'd love to play, Last of Us, MGS4, and practically anything Quantic Dreams does come to mind, but it's not enough to go drop several hundred dollars on a new system.

When I bought my Xbox in 2004, I was already heavily swayed by Halo after playing it on a friend's system, but I was determined to not let that be the ONLY reason I got the system. I spent a good deal of time looking at Sony and Nintendo's offerings, and when it came right down to it, Microsoft had more games I thought I'd like, had better hardware, and had the most comfortable controller. That's stayed true all through this last generation of consoles, even when just about everything has gone multiplatform. In fact, especially when just about everything has gone multiplatform. There's no reason for me to own a PlayStation outside of exclusives, and there aren't enough of those that interest me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread