Microhard to Sonyboy? (warning: bandwidth am cry)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 10:31 (4090 days ago) @ Beckx

I totally see that perspective - that you're a bungie fan & mostly interested in Bungie games & will wait and see on the rest.

Even just on that note, though, this stuff is amazing. That I could be watching NsU play Destiny, pick up the controller and start playing FOR HIM* even though I haven't purchased the game, then choose to immediately buy the game & be able to start playing before it's done downloading, recording & streaming my gameplay? Then when my kids need the TV I can push it to my Vita and keep playing Destiny?

That's some impressive stuff if they deliver, and why I had a negative reaction to "nothing was impressive". :)

*Totally would happen.

And while I will not disagree, on any point, that sounds absolutely, mind blowingly awesome, I've taken all of it with a very large helping of salt. Just how much do we know about any of those features? Will we have to pay for them? Will it work for all games? Is it flawless? What about lag? Just how does playing before it's finished downloading work? Is it streaming while it's downloading? What happens if your connection isn't fast enough to support that? What happens if you're downloading, playing, and streaming both a download AND an upload for people to watch? That's a lot going on. Just what is the quality of the broadcast? Is it set in stone? Is it variable? Will it be as obnoxious as Silverlight on Waypoint? Or as good as Netflix? How many games will actually support being shunted to the Vita?

It's a very impressive feature set, with way, way too many unanswered questions. Unanswered questions that are, to me, extremely important in just how good or usable any of this actually is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread