Those are all very nice examples of PC gameplay :-)

by Beckx, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:42 (4090 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Watch Dogs was PC, I've heard.

You'd have to be silly to think the first party devs are building on PC and porting to PS4. It's good to be suspicious of Guerilla after 2005, of course.

But then again, in my twitter feed last night, someone claimed they were playing games that looked like this on their 2 year old PC. My PC is a beast. I have no doubt it will be able to do this - but no current game has been developed to look like it, because everything has been developed to current gen standards. Some GAF guys have gotten jaw-dropping Crysis 3 screenshots out of their rigs and they freely admit it dropped their FPS to below 10 to get them.

I dunno. To me new console announcements separate people with a lifelong love of games from the cynics and brand loyalists. (I'm not calling you either, BTW, but my feed last night was full of them - and the less said of the "HA HA HA NICE ENGRISH" assholes, the better.)

It's a new hardware cycle. And the first introduction is remarkably gamer focused with a minimum of fuck-you requirements (no prohibition on used games, for example, confirmed this morning). Let's have fun with it, not sneer at each other.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread