Microhard to Sonyboy?

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 16:24 (4089 days ago) @ Mix

Not really because of what I saw, but if the new Xbox blows I'll go with the PS4.

Microsoft has really, REALLY dropped the ball as far as exclusives go the last few years. Halo is all the have that I really care about now. I like Gears and Twisted Pixel's XBLA games, but they aren't enough to keep me there. Rare is dead, Fable 3 blew and then went Kinect, and the other big exclusive games now are Forza and Kinect.

PSN being so janky this gen is one of the reasons I stuck with 360, even if it is free. They started out with no games, but seem to have gotten it together now. Plus, there are a lot of Japanese games that still stay PS exclusive.

Basically, I went 360 this gen because of Halo 3, and Mass Effect/Bioware being MS exclusive console-wise at the time. Bioware has lost all of my good will and excitement, and MS seems to have given up on making good games beyond Halo. Now, most of my favorite developers are multiplatform anyways. Bungie, Obsidian, Bethesda, Capcom (when they get their heads out of their asses), Platinum Games, Kojima Productions, and so on.

As is, Microsoft is going to really have to blow me away at E3 and the like with the new console AND new games, backwards compatibility with at least my digital games would be nice too. Otherwise I'm getting the Playstation first, especially if default PSN stays free.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread